Article 2. California School For The Blind. Eligibility for Enrollment in CSB's Day Program.
Applicants may be considered for admission if they can demonstrate they will benefit educationally from the CSB instructional program by showing:
(a) Applicant demonstrates that his or her primary educational needs are related to a severe sensory loss such that it affects the pupil's ability to access the general education or alternative curriculum.
(b) The ability to attend to non-visual stimuli.
(c) The ability to benefit from disability-specific instruction, as demonstrated by the following:
(1) potential to learn Braille, potential to use low vision aids;
(2) potential to benefit from expanded core curriculum instruction; and
(3) potential to benefit from adaptations to the environment.
(d) The ability to learn simple mobility patterns and routes around campus, as demonstrated by the following:
(1) The potential to use the white cane;
(2) The potential to orient self in space;
(3) The potential to learn own body and body parts; and
(4) The potential to learn concepts of directionality.
(e) Applicant demonstrates the ability to access the general education or alternative curriculum with reasonable accommodations without requiring a fundamental alteration of the educational program of CSB.
Education Code 59020
Education Code 56350
Education Code 56352
(Added by Register 2007, No. 33.)