Chapter 19. Child Care and Development Programs. Subchapter 10. Alternative Payment Program. Article 3. Services and Payments. Notification of Ineligible Status of a License-Exempt Provider
(a) A license-exempt provider shall not be eligible to receive reimbursement for child care and development services when an Alternative Payment program is notified by the California Child Care Resource and Referral Network that the provisional child care provider's:
(1) TrustLine case has been closed; or
(2) TrustLine application has been denied; or
(3) TrustLine application has not been approved within the 30-day period pursuant to section 18078(o).
(b) A license-exempt provider shall not continue to receive reimbursement for child care services when an Alternative Payment Program:
(1) Is notified by the California Child Care Resource and Referral Network that the provider's TrustLine registration has been revoked; or
(2) Receives reliable and documented information that a license-exempt provider has:
(A) Active or contagious tuberculosis; or
(B) Been convicted of any crime involving violence against, or abuse or neglect of, children.
(c) Upon receipt of any of the information in subdivision (b), the Alternative Payment program shall terminate reimbursement to the provider for services provided as of the effective date on the TrustLine revocation notice or the date on which the Alternative Payment Program received reliable and documented information of active or contagious tuberculosis or of a conviction of any crime involving violence against, or abuse or neglect of, children. The provider will be reimbursed for services provided through the effective day of the TrustLine revocation or the day of receipt of documentation of active or contagious tuberculosis, or a conviction of any crime involving violence against, or abuse or neglect of, children.
(d) Upon receipt of the information in either subdivision (a) or (b), the Alternative Payment Program shall do all of the following:
(1) Notify in writing both the provider and the parent of the child receiving services that the payment has been denied or terminated, as applicable, and the reasons for the denial or termination; and
(2) Refer the parent to the local Resource and Referral Program for assistance with finding a new provider; and
(3) Document the action and retain the documentation and make it available to the CDE upon request. When this action affects the provider of a current CalWORKs cash aided parent, the program shall inform the local county welfare department if services cannot be transferred to another provider without a gap in services.
Education Code 8261
Education Code 8269
Education Code 8202
Education Code 8212
Education Code 8220
Education Code 8220.5
Health and Safety Code 1596.607
Health and Safety Code 1596.608
Health and Safety Code 1596.66
Health and Safety Code 1596.67
Health and Safety Code 1596.796
Health and Safety Code 1596.877
(Added by Register 2012, No. 52.)