Rescue Union ESD | BP 3541 Business and Noninstructional Operations
Transportation Routes And Services
The district shall establish transportation routes and services to eligible students so that students may be served adequately and safely.
The following will be considered when establishing or modifying routes:
1. Distance of students from school.
2. Types of roadways and walkways. Roads must be paved, a minimum of 20 feet wide, and if there is a need for the bus to turn around there must be a safe and suitable place to do so.
3. Amount of traffic on roadways used by the students.
4. Length of routes in miles.
5. Length of routes in time.
6. Five or more students in the area (per bus stop) riding the bus.
7. Size and number of buses.
8. Unusual conditions which may involve hazards, weather, physical condition of the students, etc.
9. Operating with no more than three stops per mile except for modifications made necessary by other factors such as safety of the student, shoulder room on which students may walk, weather conditions, etc.
10. The Governing Board may modify minimum bus transportation distances as conditions warrant.
11. It must be within the financial ability of the district.
10900.5 Use of school buses for community recreation
35330 Excursions and field trips
35350 Authority to transport pupils
39800 Powers of governing board to provide transportation to and from school
39801.5 Transportation for adults
39808 Transportation for private school students
39835 Use of school buses for community recreation
39837 Transportation to summer employment program
39837.5 Transportation of employees and parents/guardians to school activities
39860 Transportation to school activities
CODE OF REGULATIONS, TITLE 5
UNITED STATES CODE, TITLE 20
UNITED STATES CODE, TITLE 42
11432 McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS, TITLE 34
104.4 Equal opportunity under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 504
California Department of Education, Office of School Transportation: http://www.cde.ca.gov/bus/index.html
Pupil Transportation Safety Institute: http://www.ptsi.org
Policy RESCUE UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: September 1987 Rescue, California
revised: March 1996
revised: August 11, 2009
reviewed: November 8, 2011