(a) The State Department of Education shall adopt rules and regulations by January 1, 1996, in relation to the following:
(1) An application process for entities that are seeking to establish and operate a career preparatory program pursuant to Section 52336 that includes, but is not limited to, the name of the entity, the organizational structure of the entity, its years of operation within the state, its financial stability, and the type of career preparatory program to be offered.
(2) An application process for pupils who are seeking to enroll in a career preparatory program established pursuant to Section 52336 that includes, but is not limited to, the age of the pupil, transcripts, or other official documents that show successful completion of his or
her education through grade 10, and written consent for participation in the career preparatory program from the parent or guardian of the pupil.
(3) An initial and continuing certification process to ensure that the entity seeking to establish and operate a career preparatory program pursuant to Section 52336 develops and implements the course of instruction set forth in subdivision (b) of Section 52336.
(4) A process to evaluate and certify that pupils have successfully completed the course of instruction set forth in subdivision (b) of Section 52336. This process may include the successful completion of standardized achievement tests as developed by the State Department of Education.
(5) Any other necessary standards or policies to govern the administration of career preparatory programs established under this article.
(b) The rules and regulations adopted pursuant to this section shall be published for distribution as soon as practicable after adoption.
(Added by Stats. 1994, Ch. 1180, Sec. 2.)