(a) For purposes of this article, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Academic Performance Index" or "API" means the Academic Performance Index established under Section 52052.
(2) "CBEDS" means the California Basic Educational Data System.
(3) "Funded school" means a school that is within a school district or chartering authority, receives funds allocated under this article, and complies with all applicable interim programs and alternative requirements described in this article.
(4) The "High Priority Schools Grant Program" or "HPSGP" means the High Priority Schools Grant Program established under Article 3.5 (commencing with Section 52055.600).
(5) "Secretary" means the Secretary for Education.
(6) "Superintendent" means the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
(b) Public schools and charter schools that are ranked in either decile 1 or 2 on the 2005 Academic Performance Index are eligible to receive funds under this article.
(c) A school that is funded under the High Priority Schools Grant Program, has not met the annual growth target requirements under Section 52055.650, and is designated as a state sanctioned school is eligible to be funded under this article if the school undergoes a rigorous review directed by the Superintendent.
(d) A school that is funded under the High Priority Schools Grant Program, and has met or is meeting the requirements of Section 52055.650, is eligible to receive funding under this article and the HPSGP if the school agrees to meet all accountability requirements of both programs.
(e) A school that is funded under this article and continues to meet the program and achievement requirements of this article shall be funded annually through the 2013-14 fiscal year.
(f) The funds appropriated pursuant to this article may be expended for any purpose identified under the schoolsite's Single Plan for Pupil Achievement established under Section 64001.
(Added by Stats. 2006, Ch. 751, Sec. 2.)
Education Code 52052
Education Code 52055.600
Education Code 52055.650
Education Code 64001