Legal Resources | Education Code | EC 44371
System for accreditation of educator preparation
(a) The system for accreditation of educator preparation shall do all of the following:
(1) Concentrate on the overall quality of educator preparation in credential programs.
(2) Hold professional elementary, secondary, and postsecondary educators responsible for quality in the preparation of professional practitioners.
(3) Contribute to improvements in educator preparation and recognize excellence in preparation programs and institutions.
(4) Be governed by an accreditation framework that sets forth the policies of the commission regarding the accreditation of educator preparation.
(b) The accreditation framework shall do all of the following:
(1) Establish broad, flexible policies and standards for accreditation of educator preparation.
(2) Define the accreditation responsibilities, authority, and roles of the commission and the Committee on Accreditation.
(3) Establish an accreditation system that is efficient and cost effective.
(4) Require that accreditation decisions be based on sufficient, reliable evidence about the quality of educator preparation.
(Amended by Stats. 2011, Ch. 348, Sec. 7.)