Legal Resources | | EC 51229
(a) Each school year, as part of the annual notification required pursuant to Section 48980, a school district offering any of grades 9 to 12, inclusive, shall provide the parent or guardian of each minor pupil enrolled in any of those grades in the district with written notification that, to the extent possible, shall not exceed one page in length and that includes all of the following:
(1) A brief explanation of the college admission requirements.
(2) A list of the current University of California and California State University Web sites that help pupils and their families learn about college admission requirements and that list high school courses that have been certified by the University of California as satisfying the requirements for admission to the University of California and the California State University.
(3) A brief description of what career technical education is, as defined by the department.
(4) The Internet address for the portion of the Web site of the department where pupils can learn more about career technical education.
(5) Information about how pupils may meet with school counselors to help them choose courses at their school that will meet college admission requirements or enroll in career technical education courses, or both.
(b) For purposes of this section, "college admission requirements" means the list of courses that satisfy the subject requirements for admission to the California State University and the University of California.
(Added by Stats. 2007, Ch. 527, Sec. 2.)
Education Code 48980