Legal Resources | Title 5 | 1215.5
Chapter 2. Pupils Subchapter 6. California High School Exit Examination Article 3. High School Exit Examination Testing Variations/Accommodations/ Modifications/Waivers
(a) Eligible pupils or eligible adult students with disabilities shall be permitted to take the examination with the following accommodations if specified in the eligible pupil's or eligible adult student's IEP or Section 504 plan for use on the examination, standardized testing, or for use during classroom instruction and assessments.
(b) Presentation accommodations include:
(1) large print versions in 20-point font.
(2) examination enlarged if larger than 20-point font is required.
(3) Braille transcriptions provided by the test contractor.
(4) audio or oral presentation of the mathematics section of the examination.
(5) Manually Coded English or American Sign Language to present test questions on the mathematics section of the examination.
(c) Response accommodations include:
(1) responses marked in test booklet and transferred to the answer document by a school, school district, or nonpublic school employee who has signed the Test Security Affidavit.
(2) responses dictated orally, or in Manually Coded English or in American Sign Language to a scribe for selected-response items (e.g., multiple-choice test questions).
(3) responses dictated orally or in Manually Coded English to a scribe, audio recorder or speech-to-text converter on the writing portion of the examination, and the eligible pupil or eligible adult student indicates all spelling and language conventions.
(4) word processing software with spell and grammar check tools turned off on the writing portion of the examination.
(5) an assistive device that does not interfere with the independent work of the eligible pupil or eligible adult student on the multiple choice or writing portion of the examination.
(d) Scheduling/timing accommodations include:
(1) testing over more than one day after consultation with the test contractor.
(2) supervised breaks within a section of the examination.
(3) administration of the examination at the most beneficial time of day to the eligible pupil or eligible adult student after consultation with the test contractor.
(e) Setting accommodations include tests administered by a test examiner to an eligible pupil or eligible adult student at home or in the hospital.
(f) The use of accommodations on the examination will not invalidate an eligible pupil's or eligible adult student's test score or scores.
Education Code 33031
Education Code 60850
(Amended Register 2007, No. 51)