(a) The State Department of Education shall, in consultation with school districts, the Department of Finance, the Legislative Analyst's Office, and any other affected parties, conduct a study of the grant program established pursuant to this article to develop an equitable method of phasing out the program over a multiyear period.
(b) The study conducted pursuant to subdivision (a) shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, all of the following:
(1) Findings regarding the challenges that school districts face in implementing a longer school year, mandatory summer school reform, and other educational reforms in conjunction with a multitrack year-round educational program.
(2) Analyze the need for school facilities in school districts that receive funding pursuant to this article.
(3) Determine the eligibility of school districts offering a multitrack year-round educational program for participation in the Leroy F. Greene School Facilities Act of 1998.
(4) Identify options for eliminating the grant program established pursuant to this article.
(5) Identify options to help school districts offering a multitrack year-round educational program provide the school facilities necessary to implement educational reforms.
(c) The State Department of Education shall complete the study conducted pursuant to this section and present its findings to the Legislature on or before July 1, 2000.
(Added by Stats. 1999, Ch. 154, Sec. 2.)