topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  33006  

Travel expense   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

(a) Members of the board shall receive their actual and necessary traveling expenses while on official business. Each member shall also receive the allowance in excess of expenses specified in Section 11564.5 of the Government Code for each day he or she is acting in an official capacity.

(b) Effective January 1, 1997, when a board member is employed by a public school and, while the board member is acting in his or her official capacity as a member of the board, and his or her employer is required to hire a substitute teacher to replace that board member, then the board may, from funds appropriated for support of the board's activities, reimburse that public school for the daily cost of hiring the substitute teacher during the board member's absence from his or her employment.

(Amended by Stats. 1997, Ch. 825, Sec. 7.)


Government Code 11564.5