topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Title 5 |  T5  11601  


arrow Previous bar Next arrow

(a) "Cooperating institution of higher education" means any California State University or College, the University of California or community college.

(b) "Qualified individual" means any person who is:

(1) Enrolled in a cooperating institution of higher education for a minimum of nine units per semester or eight quarter units per quarter for a minimum total of 18 semester units or 24 quarter units in the academic year, and is

(2) Employed as a teacher aide to provide direct bilingual instructional services in a public school for a minimum of 10 hours per week- while participating in the Bilingual Teacher Corps program

(c) "Necessary expenses" means transportation expenses generated by traveling from the college site to the public school and back again, and other tuition and book costs directly resulting from enrollment in the program leading to a credential qualifying the individual to teach limited and non-English-speaking children.

Authority Cited:

Education Code 52151


Education Code 52150

Education Code 52151

(Amended by Register 78, No. 52.)