Chapter 11. Special Programs Subchapter 7.5. California English Language Development Test Article 2. Administration California English Language Development Test District Coordinator.
(a) On or before April 1, or 90 calendar days before the beginning of the annual assessment window of each school year, the superintendent of each school district shall designate from among the employees of the school district a California English Language Development Test district coordinator. The superintendent shall notify the test contractor of the identity and contact information for the California English Language Development Test district coordinator. The California English Language Development Test district coordinator, or the school district superintendent or his or her designee, shall be available throughout the year and shall serve as the liaison between the school district and the California Department of Education for all matters related to the test. At the discretion of the district superintendent, the contact information may include an electronic email address.
(b) The California English Language Development Test district coordinator's responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Responding to correspondence and inquiries from the contractor in a timely manner and as provided in the contractor's instructions.
(2) Determining school district and individual school test and test material needs in conjunction with the test contractor.
(3) Overseeing the acquisition and distribution of tests and test materials to individual schools and sites.
(4) Maintaining security over the test and test data using the procedure set forth in Section 11514. The California English Language Development Test district coordinator shall sign the Test Security Agreement set forth in Section 11514 with the test contractor prior to receipt of the test materials. A copy of the Test Security Agreement shall be maintained at the district office for 12 months from the date signed.
(5) Overseeing the administration of the test to pupils.
(6) Overseeing the collection and return of all completed test materials and test data to the contractor.
(7) Assisting the test contractor in the resolution of any discrepancies in the test information and materials.
(8) Ensuring that all test materials are received from school test sites within the school district in sufficient time to satisfy the requirements of subdivision (10).
(9) Ensuring that all tests and test materials received from school test sites within the school district have been placed in a secure school district location upon receipt of those tests.
(10) Ensuring that all test materials are inventoried, packaged, and labeled in accordance with instructions from the test contractor. The completed test materials shall be returned to the test contractor at the date specified monthly by the test contractor for initial assessments of pupils but no later than ten (10) working days after the close of the testing window for the annual assessment.
(11) Ensuring that the tests and test materials are retained in a secure, locked location, in the unopened boxes in which they were received from the test contractor, from the time they are received in the school district until the time they are delivered to the test sites.
(12) Overseeing the collection of all pupil data to comply with Sections 11512 and 11512.5.
(13) Immediately notifying the test contractor of any security breaches or testing irregularities in the district before, during, or after the administration of the test.
Education Code 33031
Education Code 313
Education Code 60810(d)
(Amended by Register 2005, No. 23.)