Chapter 11. Special Programs Subchapter 7.5. California English Language Development Test Article 2. Administration Test Security.
(a) The California English Language Development Test site coordinator shall ensure that strict supervision is maintained over each pupil while the pupil is being administered the test.
(b) Access to the test materials is limited to pupils being administered the test and employees of the school district directly responsible for administration of the test who have signed the Test Security Affidavit set forth in subdivision (g).
(c) All California English Language Development Test district and test site coordinators shall sign the Test Security Agreement set forth in subdivision (d).
(d) The Test Security Agreement shall be as follows:
CALIFORNIA ENGLISH LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT TEST
TEST SECURITY AGREEMENT
(1) I will take all necessary precautions to safeguard all tests and test materials by limiting access to persons within the school district with a responsible, professional interest in the test's security.
(2) I will keep on file the names of persons having access to tests and test materials. I will require all persons having access to the materials to sign the Test Security Affidavit that will be kept on file in the school district office.
(3) I will keep the tests and test materials in a secure, locked location, limiting access to only those persons responsible for test security, except on actual testing dates.
By signing my name to this document, I am assuring that I will abide by the above conditions.
School District: ___________________
(e) Each California English Language Development Test site coordinator shall deliver the tests and test materials only to those persons actually administering the test on the date of testing and only upon execution of the Test Security Affidavit set forth in subdivision (g).
(f) All persons having access to the test, including but not limited to the California English Language Development Test site coordinator, test examiners, and test proctors, shall acknowledge the limited purpose of their access to the test by signing the Test Security Affidavit set forth in subdivision (g).
(g) The Test Security Affidavit shall be completed by each test examiner and test proctor:
CALIFORNIA ENGLISH LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT TEST SECURITY AFFIDAVIT
I acknowledge that I will have access to the test for the purpose of administering the test. I understand that these materials are highly secure, and it is my professional responsibility to protect their security as follows:
(1) I will not divulge the contents of the test to any other person through verbal, written, or any other means of communication.
(2) I will not copy any part of the test or test materials unless necessary to administer the test.
(3) I will keep the test secure until the test is actually distributed to pupils.
(4) I will limit access to the test and test materials by test examinees to the actual testing periods when they are taking the test.
(5) I will collect and account for all materials following each period of testing and will not permit pupils to remove test materials from the room where testing takes place.
(6) I will not disclose the contents of, or the scoring keys to, the test instrument.
(7) I will not review any test questions, passages or other test items with pupils before or after testing.
(8) I will administer the test(s) in accordance with the directions for test administration set forth in the contractor's manual for test administration.
(9) I will return all test materials to the designated California English Language Development Test site coordinator upon completion of the test.
(10) I will not interfere with the independent work of any pupil taking the test and I will not compromise the security of the test by means including, but not limited to:
(A) Providing pupils with access to test questions prior to testing.
(B) Copying, reproducing, transmitting, distributing or using in any manner inconsistent with test security all or any portion of any secure California English Language Development Test booklet or document.
(C) Coaching pupils during testing or altering or interfering with the pupil's responses in any way.
(D) Making answer keys available to pupils.
(E) Failing to follow security rules for distribution and return of secure tests as directed, or failing to account for all secure test materials before, during, and after testing.
(F) Failing to follow test administration directions specified in test administration manuals.
(G) Participating in, directing, aiding, counseling, assisting in, or encouraging any of the acts prohibited in this section.
I have been trained to administer the test.
Print Name: ____________________________
School District: _______________________
(h) To maintain the security of the test, all California English Language Development Test district and test site coordinators are responsible for inventory control and shall use appropriate inventory control forms to monitor and track test inventory.
(i) The security of the test materials that have been duly delivered to the school district by the test contractor is the sole responsibility of the school district until all test materials have been inventoried, accounted for, and delivered to the common or private carrier designated by the test contractor.
(j) Secure transportation within a school district is the responsibility of the school district once materials have been duly delivered to the school district by the test contractor.
Education Code 33031
Education Code 313
(Amended by Register 2005, No. 23.)