Chapter 3. California Reading and Literacy Improvement and Public Library Construction and Renovation Bond Act of 2000 Article 2. California Library Construction and Renovation Program Submission of Applications and Grant Awards
(a) Submission of applications; deadlines for application cycles and grant amounts; late or incomplete application submissions
(1) Application location - Submit applications for each funding cycle to:
BOND ACT FISCAL OFFICER
OFFICE OF LIBRARY CONSTRUCTION
1029 J STREET, SUITE 400
SACRAMENTO, CA 95814-2825
(2) Funding cycles
(A) First funding cycle
1. The application deadline for the first funding cycle is 5:00 p.m. on June 14, 2002.
2. In the first funding cycle the Board will award grants totaling no more than $150,000,000.
(B) Second funding cycle
1. The application deadline for the second funding cycle is 5:00 p.m. on March 28, 2003.
2. In the second funding cycle the Board will award grants totaling no more than $110,000,000.
(C) Third funding cycle
1. The application deadline for the third funding cycle is 5:00 p.m. on January 16, 2004.
2. All remaining grant funds will be awarded in the third funding cycle.
(3) Late applications not considered
If an application, or documents required to support the application, are not received by the Board's deadline for application, the application shall not be considered by the State Librarian or Board for grant approval during the funding cycle.
(4) Incomplete applications not considered
If applications, or documents required to support the application, are incomplete, the application shall not be considered by the State Librarian or Board for grant approval during the funding cycle.
(b) Corrections to the project application
If, due to oversight or clerical error, the information provided by the applicant during the application process proves to be inaccurate, the State Librarian, at his or her discretion, may make minor adjustments to correct obviously inaccurate information in applications.
(c) One application per project
Applicants may submit only one application for each proposed project during any single application cycle.
(d) Resubmission of a project application
Applicants may resubmit project applications that were not funded in one application cycle for a subsequent funding cycle by submitting a complete project application.
(e) Changes in projects after grant award
(1) If there are proposed changes to the project after grant award that significantly modify the project, applicants shall submit the proposed changes to the State Librarian for review and authorization.
(2) The State Librarian has the sole authority to determine if a change is significant.
(3) If the State Librarian does not approve the change, the grant recipient may appeal the State Librarian's decision to the Board.
(4) The decision of the Board regarding a change in the project is final and binding.
(f) Value determined by mutual agreement
For purposes of Education Code section 19999(c) regarding the return of State grant funds, determining the value of the facility and land by mutual agreement shall mean by an appraisal prepared by an independent certified appraiser as specified in section 20436(a).
Education Code 19992
Education Code 19988
Education Code 19989
Education Code 19992
Education Code 19993
Education Code 19995
Education Code 19996
Education Code 19997
Education Code 19998
Education Code 19999
(Added by Register 2001, No. 49)