Chapter 19.5. Calworks and Child Care and Development Programs. Subchapter 2. Calworks Stage 2 Child Care Program. Article 2. Requirements and Procedures for Receiving Calworks Stage 2 Services. Enrollment into CalWORKs Stage 2 by Transfer from Another CalWORKs Agency
(a) A family is transferred into Stage 2 from a county welfare department's Stage 1 program or another contractor's Stage 2 program when the following information is obtained by the receiving contractor from the transferring agency:
(1) The parent's(s) full name(s), address(es), and telephone number(s);
(2) The names and birth dates of all children under the age of 18 living with the family, regardless of whether they are served in the CalWORKs program;
(3) The number of hours of child care needed each day for each child;
(4) The names of other family members in the household who are related by blood, marriage, or adoption;
(5) The reason for needing child care services;
(6) Family size and adjusted monthly income;
(7) Employment or training information for parent(s) including name and address of employer(s) or training institutions(s) and days and hours of employment or training;
(8) Rate of payment; and
(9) The name, address, and telephone number of the child care provider and the type of eligible provider, pursuant to section 18227.
(b) The transfer process specified in subdivision (a) is not required when a family is transferring from another CalWORKs Stage 2 contract with the same contractor.
(c) Once the receiving contractor obtains the information contained in subdivision (a) and determines that the information is complete, the receiving contractor shall:
(1) Assume responsibility for reimbursing the provider for the child care services provided; and
(2) Send or otherwise provide a notice to the family documenting the information and requiring that the family certify by signature that the information is accurate. Such certification shall comply with the timelines established by the contractor's policies and procedures. The contractor shall notify the family of the timeframe by which the certification must be returned, and that notwithstanding section 18408(a), child care will be terminated, pursuant to section 18419, if the certification is not received within that timeframe.
(3) If the family indicates that the information obtained by the receiving contractor pursuant to subdivision (a) is inaccurate or there has been a change, the new Stage 2 contractor shall update the information pursuant to section 18410(b).
(d) When the contractor is informed by the CDE that all Stage 2 funds have been allocated for a given fiscal year and contracts will no longer be augmented during the fiscal year, the Stage 2 contractor shall not accept transfers from another CalWORKs agency if doing so would result in over enrollment by the receiving Stage 2 contractor.
(e) If at any time during the fiscal year the contractor believes that accepting additional transfers would result in over enrollment, the contractor shall notify the CDE and the local county welfare department.
(f) The contractor shall not establish a waiting list for Stage 2.
Education Code 8263
Education Code 8350.5
Education Code 8351
Education Code 8353
Education Code 8358.5
(Amended by Register 2012, No. 52.)