topleft CSBA.org >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  19962  

Matching funds   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

(a) Each grant recipient shall provide matching funds from any available source in an amount equal to 35 percent of the costs of the project. The remaining 65 percent of the costs of the project shall be provided through allocations from the fund.

(b) Qualifying matching funds shall be cash expenditures in the categories specified in Section 19957 which are made no earlier than three years prior to the submission of the application to the State Librarian. Except as otherwise provided in subdivision (c), in-kind expenditures shall not qualify as matching funds.

(c) Land donated or otherwise acquired for use as a site for the facility, including, but not limited to, land purchased more than three years prior to the submission of the application to the State Librarian, may be credited towards the 35 percent matching funds requirement at its appraised value as of the date of the application.

(d) Cash expenditures not to exceed 10 percent for furnishings required to make the facility fully operable may be credited towards the 35 percent matching funds requirement. The recipient shall certify to the board that these furnishings have an estimated useful life of not less than 10 years.

(e) Architect fees for plans and drawings for library renovation and new construction, including plans and drawings purchased more than three years prior to the submission of the application to the State Librarian, may be credited towards the 35 percent matching funds requirement.

(Added by Stats. 1988, Ch. 49, Sec. 1.)

Reference:

Education Code 19957