(a) No educational programs and services already in operation in school districts or a county office of education pursuant to Part 30 (commencing with Section 56000) shall be transferred to another school district or a county office of education or from a county office of education to a school district unless the special education local plan area has developed a plan for the transfer which addresses, at a minimum, all of the following:
(1) Pupil needs.
(2) The availability of the full continuum of services to affected pupils.
(3) The functional continuation of the current individualized education programs of all affected pupils.
(4) The provision of services in the least restrictive environment from which affected pupils can benefit.
(5) The maintenance of all appropriate support services.
(6) The assurance that there will be compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations and special education local plan area policies.
(7) The means through which parents and staff were represented in the planning process.
(b) The date on which the transfer will take effect may be no earlier than the first day of the second fiscal year beginning after the date on which the sending or receiving agency has informed the other agency and the governing body or individual identified in subparagraph (A) of paragraph (12) of subdivision (a) of Section 56205, unless the governing body or individual identified in subparagraph (A) of paragraph (12) of subdivision (a) of Section 56205 unanimously approves the transfer taking effect on the first day of the first fiscal year following that date.
(c) If either the sending or receiving agency disagree with the proposed transfer, the matter shall be resolved by the alternative resolution process established pursuant to paragraph (5) of subdivision (b) of Section 56205.
(d) Notwithstanding Section 56208, this section shall apply to all special education local plan areas commencing on July 1, 1998, whether or not a special education local plan area has submitted a revised local plan for approval or has an approved revised local plan pursuant to Section 56836.03.
(Amended by Stats. 2001, Ch. 734, Sec. 55.)
Education Code 56000
Education Code 56205
Education Code 56836.03