(a) Any of the following persons may verify an absence due to illness or quarantine:
(1) A school or public health nurse.
(2) An attendance supervisor.
(3) A physician.
(4) A principal.
(5) A teacher.
(6) Any other qualified employee of a district or of a county superintendent of schools assigned to make such verification.
(b) The verification shall be made in accordance with any reasonable method which establishes the fact that the pupil was actually ill or under quarantine if the method has been approved:
(1) In the case of a school district, by resolution of the governing board entered in its minutes.
(2) In the case of a school or class maintained by a county superintendent of schools, by resolution of the county board of education entered in its minutes.