Subchapter 4.1. Reimbursement for Costs of Education for Institutional and Family Home Children. Application for Program Approval.
(a) Each school district or county superintendent of schools desiring to establish and maintain a special educational program authorized by Education Code Section 42904(c) shall first make an annual application to the Superintendent of Public Instruction for approval. Each application shall be filed in a form and by a date prescribed by the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
The application shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) A description of the instructional program,
(2) A description of instructional and general support services,
(3) A description of the relationship of the special educational program to all similar programs that are categorically funded in the district or county office, and
(4) A budget and determination of funding services.
(b) As a condition of approval, the Superintendent of Public Instruction may require one or more of the following:
(1) A minimum number of pupils enrolled.
(2) Development and filing of a needs assessment.
(3) A minimum and maximum expenditure per pupil.
(c) The Superintendent of Public Instruction shall notify the appropriate County Superintendent of Schools in whose jurisdiction a school district application is approved.
Authority cited for Chapter 4.1:
Education Code 42904
Education Code 42911
Education Code 42902-42911
(Amended by Register 78, No. 26.)