Chapter 2 Pupils Subchapter 4 Statewide Testing of Pupils and Evaluation Procedures Article 5 Alternative Schools Accountability Model Pre-Post Assessments Security and Storage Requirements
(a) To ensure security of the pre-post assessment instruments, all ASAM assessment test site coordinators (coordinators) shall sign the ASAM Pre-Post Assessment Security Agreement as set forth in subdivision (b).
(b) The ASAM Pre-Post Assessment Security Agreement shall be as follows:
ASAM PRE-POST ASSESSMENT SECURITY AGREEMENT
The coordinator acknowledges by his or her signature on this form that the ASAM pre-post assessment instruments are secure assessments and agrees to each of the following conditions to ensure test security:
(1) The coordinator will take all necessary precautions to safeguard all pre-post assessment instruments and assessment materials by limiting access to persons within the school district with a responsible, professional interest in the assessment instruments' security.
(2) The coordinator will keep on file the names of persons having access to pre-post assessment instruments and assessment materials. All persons having access to the materials shall be required by the coordinator to sign the ASAM Pre-Post Assessment Security Affidavit that will be kept on file in the school and school district office.
(3) The coordinator will keep the pre-post assessment instruments and assessment materials in a secure, locked location at the school site, limiting access to only those persons responsible for assessment security, except on actual administration dates.
(4) The coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the security of all scoring activities whether done at the school site, the district office, or by an external contractor.
By signing my name to this document, I am assuring that I and anyone having access to the pre-post assessment instruments will sign a security affidavit.
School District: _______________________________________________
(c) All persons having access to the ASAM pre-post assessment instruments, including but not limited to the coordinator and test administrators, shall acknowledge the limited purpose of their access to the assessment instruments by signing the ASAM Pre-Post Assessment Security Affidavit set forth in subdivision (d).
(d) The ASAM Pre-Post Test Security Affidavit shall be as follows:
ASAM PRE-POST ASSESSMENT SECURITY AFFIDAVIT
I acknowledge that I will have access to the ASAM pre-post assessment instruments for the purpose of administering or scoring the assessments. I understand that these materials are highly secure, and it is my professional responsibility to protect their security as follows:
(1) I will not divulge the contents of the pre-post assessment instruments to any other person.
(2) I will not copy any part of the pre-post assessment instruments or assessment materials.
(3) I will keep the pre-post assessment instruments secure until the assessments are actually distributed to pupils or, in the case of computer-administered assessments, the pupils actually log on to begin the assessments.
(4) I will limit pupils' access to the pre-post assessment instruments and assessment to the actual testing periods.
(5) I will not permit pupils to remove pre-post assessment instruments and assessment materials from the room where testing takes place.
(6) I will not disclose, or allow to be disclosed, the contents of, or the scoring keys to, the pre-post assessment instruments.
(7) I will return all pre-post assessment instruments and assessment materials to the designated coordinator upon completion of the assessment administration.
(8) I will not interfere with the independent work of any pupil taking a pre-post assessment and I will not compromise the security of the assessment instrument by means including, but not limited to:
(A) Providing pupils with access to pre-post assessment questions prior to administration of the assessment instrument.
(B) Copying, reproducing, transmitting, distributing or using in any manner inconsistent with test security all or any portion of any secure pre-post assessment instrument.
(C) Coaching pupils during administration of the assessment instrument or altering or interfering with the pupils' responses in any way.
(D) Making answer keys available to pupils.
(E) Failing to follow security rules for distribution and return of secure pre-post assessment instruments as directed, or failing to account for all secure pre-post assessment instruments and assessment materials before, during, and after their administration.
(F) Failing to follow administration directions specified in the publisher's assessment administration manual.
(G) Participating in, directing, aiding, counseling, assisting in, or encouraging any of the acts prohibited in this section.
Print Name: ________________________________________________
School District: ______________________________________________
Education Code 33031
Education Code 52052
(Amended by Register 2003, No. 45)