Subchapter 6. California High School Exit Examination. Article 2. California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE) Administration. Testing Variations.
(a) School districts may provide all eligible pupils and eligible adult students the following testing variations:
(1) extra time within a testing day.
(2) test administration directions, but not test questions, that are simplified or clarified.
(3) eligible pupil and eligible adult student marks in test booklets (other than responses), including highlighting.
(4) test eligible pupils and adult students in small group setting.
(b) All eligible pupils and eligible adult students may have the following testing variations if regularly used in the classroom:
(1) special lighting or special acoustics; or special or adaptive furniture.
(2) visual magnifying or audio amplification equipment.
(3) noise buffers (e.g., an individual carrel or study enclosure).
(4) test individual eligible pupils and eligible adult students in a separate room provided that the eligible pupil or eligible adult student is directly supervised by an employee of the school, school district, or nonpublic school, who has signed the Test Security Affidavit as identified in section 1211.5(d).
(5) colored overlay, mask, or other means to maintain visual attention to the CAHSEE or test items.
(6) Manually Coded English or American Sign Language to present test administration directions, but not test items.
Education Code 33031
Education Code 60851
(Register 2010, No. 2.)