Chapter 2 Pupils Subchapter 3 Health and Safety of Pupils Article 4 Vision Testing Employees Authorized to Give Tests
(a) An employee of a school district or of a county superintendent of schools may be authorized to give vision tests pursuant to Education Code Section 49452 and may be designated a "duly qualified supervisor of health" within the meaning of that section if the employee is:
(1) A physician and surgeon or osteopath employed pursuant to Education Code Section 44873.
(2) A school nurse employed pursuant to Education Code Section 44877.
(3) An optometrist employed pursuant to Education Code Section 44878.
(b) Any other certificated employee of the school district or of the county superintendent of schools may be authorized to give vision tests pursuant to Education Code Section 49452 if the employee has one of the following documents:
(1) A statement from a qualified supervisor of health that the employee has satisfactorily completed an acceptable course of in-service training in techniques and procedures in vision testing of at least six clock hours given by the qualified supervisor of health making the statement and that the employee is qualified to administer vision tests to pupils.
(2) A transcript from an accredited college or university evidencing that the employee has successfully completed an acceptable course in vision testing of at least one semester unit.
Education Code 33031
Education Code 44873
Education Code 44877
Education Code 44878
Education Code 49452
(Amended by Register 2004, No. 33)