(a) Instruction and services for deaf and hard of hearing pupils shall be provided by an individual holding an appropriate credential, who has competencies to provide services to the hearing impaired and who has training, experience and proficient communication skills for educating pupils with hearing impairments. Such services may include but need not to be limited to:
(1) Speech, speech reading and auditory training.
(2) Instruction in oral, sign, and written language development.
(3) Rehabilitative and educational services for hearing impaired individuals to include monitoring amplification, coordinating information for the annual review, and recommending additional services.
(4) Adapting curricula, methods, media, and the environment to facilitate the learning process.
(5) Consultation to pupils, parents, teachers, and other school personnel as necessary to maximize the pupil's experience in the regular education program.
(b) A specially trained instructional aide, working with and under the direct supervision of the credentialed teacher of the deaf and hard-of-hearing, may assist in the implementation of the pupil's educational program.
Education Code 56100
Education Code 56366.1
Education Code 56363
34 C.F.R. 300.34
34 C.F.R. 300.156(b)(1)
(Amended by Register 2014, No. 19.)