Saratoga USD | BP 0200 Philosophy, Goals, Objectives and Comprehensive Plans
Goals For The School District
The Board of Trustees shall adopt long-term goals for achieving the district's overall vision for its schools as well as clear performance standards and benchmarks which can be used to determine if the district is meeting these goals. Goals shall be limited in number so as to be reasonably achievable within established timelines.
(cf. 0000 - Vision)
(cf. 0100 - Philosophy)
(cf. 0500 - Accountability)
(cf. 6010 - Goals and Objectives)
(cf. 9000 - Role of the Board)
The Superintendent or designee may establish short-term, interim objectives and comprehensive plans to ensure adequate, regular progress toward the district's long-term goals.
(cf. 0400 - Comprehensive Plans)
The Board's goals are to:
1. Promote a district culture of mutual respect, integrity, and equity.
2. Continue professional curriculum development efforts on the districtwide coordinated writing program for all students.
3. Develop and implement strategies to ensure success and maximize the learning of each student, enabling every student to reach his/her potential.
4. Increase the use of electronic communication to support goals.
5. Develop a long-term reserve management plan to ensure future fiscal stability.
6. Recognize good work and honor excellence.
7. Extend the effective use of technology to improve learning and efficiency.
51002 Local development of programs based on stated philosophy and goals
51020 Definition of goal
51021 Definition of objective
Healthy Food Policy Resource Guide, 2003
Maximizing School Board Leadership: Vision, 1996
Policy SARATOGA UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: October 10, 2006 Saratoga, California