Sausalito Marin City SD | AR 1321 Community Relations
Solicitation Of Funds From And By Students
The Superintendent or designee shall approve all fund-raising activities at least 15 days before the activity. If the event involves a contract with a commercial vendor, the Superintendent or designee shall review the contract.
In order to minimize interruptions to the educational program, staff shall limit fund-raising activities to appropriate time periods designated by the principal.
(cf. 6116 - Classroom Interruptions)
No student shall be required to raise a specified amount of money in order to participate in an activity sponsored by a school-related organization.
(cf. 1230 - School-Connected Organizations)
Students engaged in fund-raising activities on behalf of the school or for school-related projects are expected to be courteous and respectful towards all individuals and businesses.
Students under 16 years old may engage in door-to-door sales of newspaper or magazine subscriptions, candy, cookies, flowers or other merchandise only under the following conditions:
1. The students shall work in pairs, as a team, on the same or opposite side of the street. (8 CCR 11706)
2. The students shall be supervised by an adult, with one adult for every crew of 10 or fewer students. (8 CCR 11706)
3. The students must be within the sight or sound of their adult supervisor at least once every 15 minutes. (8 CCR 11706)
4. The students shall be returned to their respective homes or meeting places after each day's work. (8 CCR 11706)
5. The students shall not engage in door-to-door sales after dark.
6. The students shall not work outside of their immediate neighborhood.
7. Students in grades K-2 shall not be involved in any door-to-door sales or solicitations.
Regulation SAUSALITO MARIN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: February 11, 2010 Sausalito, California