Sausalito Marin City SD | BB 9121 Board Bylaws
The Board of Trustees shall elect a president from among its members to provide leadership on behalf of the Board and the educational community it serves.
The president shall preside at all Board meetings. He/she shall:
1. Call the meeting to order at the appointed time
2. Announce the business to come before the Board in its proper order
3. Enforce the Board's policies relating to the conduct of meetings and help ensure compliance with applicable requirements of the Brown Act
4. Recognize persons who desire to speak, and protect the speaker who has the floor from disturbance or interference
5. Explain what the effect of a motion would be if it is not clear to every member
6. Restrict discussion to the question when a motion is before the Board
7. Rule on issues of parliamentary procedure
8. Put motions to a vote, and state clearly the results of the vote
9. Be responsible for the orderly conduct of all Board meetings
The president shall perform other duties in accordance with law and Board policy including, but not limited to:
1. Signing all instruments, acts and orders necessary to carry out state requirements and the will of the Board
2. Consulting with the Superintendent or designee on the preparation of the Board's agendas
3. Working with the Superintendent to ensure that Board members have necessary materials and information
4. Subject to Board approval, appointing and dissolving all committees
5. Calling such meetings of the Board as he/she may deem necessary, giving notice as prescribed by law
6. Representing the district as governance spokesperson, in conjunction with the Superintendent
The president shall have the same rights as other members of the Board, including the right to move, second, discuss and vote on all questions before the Board.
When the president resigns or is absent or disabled, the vice president shall perform the president's duties. When both the president and vice president are absent or disabled, the clerk shall perform the president's duties.
Bylaw SAUSALITO MARIN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: March 11, 2014 Sausalito, California