topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  17538  

Exchange of Property   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

The governing board of any school district which has acquired title to property included within an application which has been approved by the State Allocation Board for state school building aid and which property is to be used as an access roadway to the schoolsite may exchange the property for other property to be used as an access roadway which abuts a state highway, if in the opinion of the Division of Highways in the Department of Transportation there is objection to the first access roadway, and if in the opinion of the governing board the property acquired by the exchange will afford more safety to the pupils of the district.

(Added by Stats. 1996, Ch. 277, Sec. 3. Operative January 1, 1998.)