(a) Requirements for the issuance and reissuance of an Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit include all of the following:
(1) Possession of a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university, (2) Passage of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST);
(3) Submission to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing of a completed Application for Credential Authorizing Public School Service (form 41-4, rev 4-94); the fee(s) as specified in Section 80487; and, unless clearance is already on file with the Commission, personal identification on duplicate fingerprint cards and the completed Application for Character and Identification Clearance (form 41-CIC, rev 11-93).
(b) Authorization: The Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit authorizes the holder to serve as a substitute in any classroom; preschool, kindergarten and grades 1-12, inclusive; or in classes organized primarily for adults within each county in which the permit is registered provided the employing agency has a completed Statement of Need on file for the school year. However, the holder shall not serve as a substitute for more than 30 days for any one teacher during the school year.
(c) The Statement of Need for 30-day Substitute Teachers must:
(1) describe the situation or circumstances that necessitate the use of an emergency permit holder, and
(2) state that either a credentialed person is not available, or that one or more credentialed persons are available, but do not meet the specified employment criteria established by the employing agency, and
(3) be prepared and signed by, as applicable, the superintendent of the employing school district, the superintendent of the employing county if the service will be rendered in county operated schools, or the head of the state agency under which the employing school operates.
(d) An Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit is valid for no less than one year and expires one calendar year from the first day of the month immediately following the date of issuance.
Education Code 44225(e)
Education Code 44252(a)
Education Code 44252(b)
Education Code 44300
Education Code 44332.5(b)
Education Code 44339
Education Code 44340
Education Code 44341
(Amended by Register 94, No. 16.)