Legal Resources | Penal Code | PC 14215
(a) As used in this title, "missing person" includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:
(1) An at-risk adult.
(2) A child who has been taken, detained, concealed, enticed away, or retained by a parent in violation of Chapter 4 (commencing with Section 277) of Title 9 of Part 1.
(3) A child who is missing voluntarily or involuntarily, or under circumstances not conforming to his or her ordinary habits or behavior and who may be in need of assistance.
(b) As used in this title, "at risk" means there is evidence of, or there are indications of, any of the following:
(1) The person missing is the victim of a crime or foul play.
(2) The person missing is in need of medical attention.
(3) The person missing has no pattern of running away or disappearing.
(4) The person missing may be the victim of parental abduction.
(5) The person missing is mentally impaired.
(c) As used in this title, "child" is any person under 18 years of age.
(d) As used in this title, "center" means the Violent Crime Information Center.
(e) As used in this title, "dental or medical records or X-rays" include all those records or X-rays which are in the possession of a dentist, physician and surgeon, or medical facility.
(f) As used in this title, "unidentified person" means a person, living or deceased, whose identity the local investigative agency is unable to determine.
(Amended and Renumbered by Stats. 2014, Ch. 437, Sec. 27.)