Legal Resources | Education Code | EC 56366.4
Nonpublic, nonsectarian school or agency; revocation of certification
(a) The Superintendent may revoke or suspend the certification of a nonpublic, nonsectarian school or agency for any of the following reasons:
(1) Violation of an applicable state or federal rule or regulation, or aiding, abetting, or permitting the violation of an applicable state or federal rule or regulation.
(2) Falsification or intentional misrepresentation of an element of the application, pupil records, or program presented for certification purposes.
(3) Conduct in the operation or maintenance of the nonpublic, nonsectarian school or agency that is harmful to the health, welfare, or safety of an individual with exceptional needs.
(4) Failure to comply with a provision in the contract with the local educational entity.
(5) Failure to notify the department in writing of any of the following within 45 days of the occurrence:
(A) Changes in credentialed, licensed, or registered staff who render special education and related services, ownership, management, or control of the nonpublic, nonsectarian school or agency.
(B) Major modification or relocation of facilities.
(C) Significant modification of the nonpublic, nonsectarian school or agency program.
(6) Failure to implement recommendations and compliance requirements following an onsite review of the school or agency.
(7) Failure to provide appropriate services, supplies, equipment, or facilities for a pupil as required in his or her individualized education program.
(8) Failure to notify the Superintendent in writing within 10 days of the revocation or suspension of a license or permit, including, but not limited to, a residential care license, business license, or other required license or permit.
(9) Failure to implement a pupil's individualized education program.
(10) Failure to notify the Superintendent in writing within 10 days of the death of a pupil or any other individual of unnatural causes within the school or agency, including the circumstances surrounding the death and appropriate preventative measures being taken or recommended.
(b) The Superintendent shall notify contracting local educational agencies and the special education local plan area in which the nonpublic, nonsectarian school or agency is located of the determination to suspend or revoke state certification.
(c) If the Superintendent determines that a nonpublic, nonsectarian school or agency has violated the certification requirements pursuant to this section and revokes the certification, the nonpublic, nonsectarian school or agency; the site administrator, business, organization, or entity involved in the administration of the nonpublic, nonsectarian school or agency whose certification was revoked; and the site administrator, business, organization, or entity whose nonpublic, nonsectarian school or agency certification was revoked at any time previously, shall not be eligible to apply for recertification of the school or agency for two full years from the date of revocation.
(Amended by Stats. 2007, Ch. 233, Sec. 1.)