Standard Elementary SD | BP 0100 Philosophy, Goals, Objectives and Comprehensive Plans
As part of its responsibility to establish a guiding vision for the district, the Governing Board shall develop and regularly review a set of fundamental principles which describe the district's beliefs, values or tenets. The Board and district staff shall incorporate this philosophy in all district programs and activities.
(cf. 0000 - Vision)
(cf. 0200 - Goals for the School District)
(cf. 6010 - Goals and Objectives)
(cf. 9000 - Role of the Board)
It is the philosophy of the district that:
1. We believe all students can learn.
2. We believe all children want to be successful.
3. We believe a student's positive self-esteem is critical to successful learning.
4. We believe students develop and mature at different rates and as a result are at different stages of learning.
5. We believe students come from diverse backgrounds and that their cultural, social, emotional, and physical differences shall be respected and recognized.
6. We believe all learning styles are valid and shall be addressed by our educational system.
7. We believe all students deserve a safe, secure, and nurturing environment.
8. We believe students respond to positive reinforcement of desired behaviors.
9. We believe instruction shall be based upon state adopted frameworks and key concepts.
10. We believe each step of student learning should be celebrated.
11. We believe students deserve positive role models.
12. We believe students learn better with family support.
51002 Local development of programs based on stated philosophy and goals
51019 Definition of philosophy
Maximizing School Board Leadership: Vision, 1996
Regulation STANDARD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: May 19, 1998 Bakersfield, California