Legal Resources | Title 5 | T5 3051.13
Social Worker Services
(a) Social work services may include:
(1) Individual and group counseling with the individual and his or her immediate family.
(2) Consultation with pupils, parents, teachers, and other personnel regarding the effects of family and other social factors on the learning and developmental requirements of individual pupils with exceptional needs.
(3) Developing a network of community resources, making appropriate referral and maintaining liaison relationships among the school, the pupil with exceptional needs, the family, and the various agencies providing social, income maintenance, employment development, mental health, or other developmental services.
(b) Social worker services shall be provided only by personnel who possess a:
(1) license as a Clinical Social Worker, or Associate Clinical Social Worker who is under the supervision of either a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or a licensed Mental Health Professional by the Board of Behavioral Sciences, within the Department of Consumer Affairs; or
(2) license as a Marriage and Family Therapist, or Marriage and Family Therapist Registered Intern who is under the supervision of a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, a Licensed Psychologist, or a Physician who is certified in psychiatry by the Medical Board of California, the Board of Behavioral Sciences, or the Board of Psychology, within the Department of Consumer Affairs; or
(3) credential authorizing school social work.
(4) license as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, or a Professional Clinical Counselor Registered Intern who is under the supervision of a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, or a Physician who is certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Education Code 56100
Education Code 56366.1
Business and Professions Code 2903
Business and Professions Code 2905
Business and Professions Code 4980.02
Business and Professions Code 4989.14
Business and Professions Code 4996.9
Business and Professions Code 4999.10
Education Code 49422
Education Code 56363
34 C.F.R. 300.34
34 C.F.R. 300.156(b)(1)
(Amended by Register 2014, No. 19.)