Temecula Valley USD | E 1225 Community Relations
Community Relations/Community Advisory Committee/Special Education Local Planning Agency (Selpa) Committee
ARTICLE I - NAME LOCATION
1. NAME: Community Advisory Committee (CAC) for the Temecula Valley Unified School District Education Local Plan Area (TVUSD SELPA)
2. LOCATION: The location of the CAC shall include those areas within the boundaries of the Temecula Valley Unified School District
ARTICLE II - PURPOSE
1. PURPOSE: The purpose of the Community Advisory Committee shall be to advise the District on the development, amendment and review of the Local Plan for Special Education.
2. The CAC shall recommend annual priorities to be addressed in the Local Plan and:
3. Assist in parent education and in recruiting parents who may contribute to the implementation of the plan
4. Support activities on behalf of individuals with exceptional needs
5. Assist in developing parent awareness of the importance of school attendance
ARTICLE III - DUTIES
1. The duties of the CAC shall be to carry out the Purposes of the CAC, as stated in Section 2 above, consistent with California Education Code, Part 30
2. The District shall provide a complete draft of the Local Plan, in the manner it would be submitted to the State, to each CAC member for review and comment, at least 30 days before it is presented to the District for adoption. Each CAC member shall review and provide input to the draft no later than 10 days before the draft would be submitted to the State.
3. The CAC shall support children receiving Special Education services in the District by conducting and sponsoring activities and creating community awareness regarding matters of general interest and benefit to these children and their families.
Exhibit TEMECULA VALLEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: October 15, 2013 Temecula, California
revised: January 16, 2018