Vallecito Un SD | AR 5132 Students
Dress And Grooming
Dress and Grooming Guidelines
These guidelines are intended to allow the students to focus on their education and building authentic relationships while protecting the health and welfare of all students and staff.
Their purpose is to prevent disruption of the classroom/school atmosphere so as not to interfere with the educational process.
All students shall abide by the following rules when attending school or a school related function:
1. Clothing shall cover buttocks, breasts and all mid sections. No gluteal folds, cleavage or bare midsections.
a. Garments shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. Tube tops, halter tops and spaghetti straps are not allowed.
b. Arm openings must cover chest.
c. Pants must be worn at the waist.
d. Pants may not have open rips or tears above mid-thigh as determined by school administrator.
e. Shorts & skirts must be at least mid-thigh as determined by school administrator.
f. Hats, caps, & other types of non-religious head coverings are allowed, but not inside buildings.
2. Shoes must be worn at all times.
a. Sandals or backless shoes may not be worn for P.E. or recess games.
3. Commercial lettering/printing will be allowed on clothing & backpacks, hats, etc. as long as it does not:
a. Express or display crude or vulgar statements or pictures;
b. Encourage or promote the illegal use or possession of drugs;
c. Encourage or promote the use of alcohol or tobacco;
d. Encourage or promote gang- related activities;
e. Encourage or promote the association or membership with a gang;
f. Encourage or promote sexually suggestive or pornographic material; or
g. Make, imply, or infer derogatory or inflammatory comments against any racial, ethical, political, national, gender, or religious association.
4. Students may wear outfits recognizing his or her association with a particular organization on the day that organization meets or participates in an activity as long as meets above dress code guidelines.
5. Coaches & teachers may impose more stringent requirements than the above consistent with the needs of the particular sport, class or activity.
1st Violation: Warning & required to change
2nd Violation: Referral to the Site Administrator & required to change
3rd Violation: Lunch Detention, Referral to the Site Administrator & required to change
4th Violation: Referral to the Site Administrator & required to change
Not allowed to participate in School Activities & Sports for remainder of Trimester
5th Violation: Referral to the Site Administrator & required to change
Not allowed to participate in School Activities & Sports for remainder of school year
Regulation VALLECITO UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: December 14, 2011 Avery, California
revised: November 15, 2017