21st Century High School After School Safety and Enrichment for Teens Program
(a) A high school after school program established pursuant to this article shall submit to the department annual outcome-based data for evaluation.
(1) To demonstrate program effectiveness, grantees shall submit, using the unique statewide pupil identifiers for participating pupils who are unduplicated pupils, both of the following:
(A) Schoolday attendance on an annual basis.
(B) Program attendance on a semiannual basis.
(2) Programs shall submit evidence of a data-driven program quality improvement process that is based on the department's guidance on program quality standards developed pursuant to paragraph (3).
(3) The department may develop additional measures to demonstrate program effectiveness, including, but not limited to, program quality standards. Additions shall be developed in consultation with the advisory committee pursuant to Section 8484.9.
(4) Programs shall submit information to the department through the process used in subdivision (b) of Section 8421.5.
(b) (1) If a program consistently fails to demonstrate measurable program outcomes for three consecutive years, the department may terminate the program pursuant to the process described in subdivision (e) of Section 8426. The department shall consider multiple outcomes and not rely on one outcome in isolation.
(2) For purposes of this subdivision, "consistently fails to demonstrate measurable program outcomes" means failure to meet program effectiveness requirements pursuant to the criteria in paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (a).
(3) Measurable program outcomes may be demonstrated by, but are not limited to, the following methods:
(A) Comparing pupils participating in the program to nonparticipating pupils at the same schoolsite.
(B) Pupils participating in the program demonstrate improvement on one or more indicators collected by the program pursuant to this section.
(c) The department shall identify or develop standardized procedures and tools to collect the indicators in paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (a) in accordance with the recommendations made pursuant to paragraph (5) of subdivision (h) of Section 8484.9.
(Amended by Stats. 2016, Ch. 470, Sec. 5.)