Vista USD | AR 6162.8 Instruction
Persons or groups wishing to use district staff, students, or property in connection with an academic research project shall submit to the Superintendent or designee a written proposal which includes:
1. Name of researcher(s) and academic credentials.
2. Purpose and scope of the project.
3. Method of study or investigation to be used.
4. Extent of participation expected of students and staff.
5. Use to which project results will be put.
6. Benefits to the school(s) or the district.
The Superintendent or designee shall evaluate the extent to which the proposal:
1. Shows potential for improving instructional programs and strategies.
2. Addresses a relevant educational problem, concern or issue.
3. Minimizes interruptions and demands upon the time of students and staff.
The Superintendent or designee may approve the proposed project for a period of one school year or less. To extend any project into a second school year, the researcher(s) must obtain approval from the Superintendent or designee.
Researchers shall certify that they will use no school names in the publication of findings without the approval of the Superintendent or designee.
Regulation VISTA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: June 23, 2011 Vista, California