topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources |  |  EC  60510  

Disposal of obsolete materials   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

The state board, the governing board of a school district, or a county office of education may dispose of surplus or undistributed obsolete instructional materials in its possession that are usable for educational purposes in any of the following ways:

(a) By donation to a governing board, county free library, or other state institution.

(b) By donation to a public agency or institution of any territory or possession of the United States, or the government of a country that formerly was a territory or possession of the United States.

(c) By donation to a nonprofit charitable organization.

(d) By donation to children or adults in the State of California, or foreign countries for the purpose of increasing the general literacy of the people.

(e) By sale.

(Amended by Stats. 2009, Ch. 321, Sec. 1.)