The director shall prepare and amend the list of hazardous substances according to the following procedure:
(a) Any substance designated in any of the following listings in subdivision (b) shall be presumed by the director to be potentially hazardous and shall be included on the list; provided, that the director shall not list a substance or form of the substance from the listings in subdivision (b) if he or she finds, upon a showing pursuant to the procedures set forth in Section 6380, that the substance as present occupationally is not potentially hazardous to human health; and provided further, that a substance, mixture, or product shall not be considered hazardous to the extent that the hazardous substance present is in a physical state, volume, or concentration for which there is no valid and substantial evidence that any adverse acute or chronic risk to human health may occur from exposure.
(b) The listings referred to in subdivision (a) are as follows:
(1) Substances listed as human or animal carcinogens by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).
(2) Those substances designated by the Environmental Protection Agency pursuant to Section 307 (33 U.S.C. Sec. 1317) and Section 311 (33 U.S.C. Sec. 1321) of the federal Clean Water Act of 1977 (33 U.S.C. Sec. 1251 et seq.) or as hazardous air pollutants pursuant to Section 112 of the federal Clean Air Act, as amended (42 U.S.C. Sec. 7412) which have known, adverse human health risks.
(3) Substances listed by the Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board as an airborne chemical contaminant pursuant to Section 142.3.
(4) Those substances designated by the Director of Food and Agriculture as restricted materials pursuant to Section 14004.5 of the Food and Agricultural Code which have known, adverse human health risks.
(5) Substances for which an information alert has been issued by the repository of current data established pursuant to Section 147.2.
(c) The director shall at least every two years review the listings in subdivision (b) and shall revise the list to include new substances so listed or exclude substances no longer on the listings, pursuant to the standards set forth in subdivision (a).
(d) Notwithstanding Section 6381, in addition to those substances on the director's list of hazardous substances, any substance within the scope of the federal Hazard Communication Standard (29 C.F.R. Sec. 1910.1200) is a hazardous substance subject to this chapter.
(Amended by G.R.P. No. 1 of 1991, Sec. 149.)