Legal Resources | Health and Safety Code | HS 18028
(a) The department may adopt regulations regarding the construction of commercial modulars and special purpose commercial modulars, other than mobile food facilities subject to Article 11 (commencing with Section 114250) of Chapter 4 of Part 7 of Division 104, and of multifamily manufactured homes, manufactured homes, and mobilehomes that are not subject to the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Act of 1974 (42 U.S.C. SEC. 5401 et seq.) that the department determines are reasonably necessary to protect the health and safety of the occupants and the public.
(b) Requirements for the construction, alteration, or conversion of commercial modulars shall be those contained, with reasonably necessary additions or deletions, as adopted by department regulations, in all of the following:
(1) The 1991 Edition of the Uniform Building Code, published by the International Conference of Building Officials.
(2) The 1993 Edition of the National Electrical Code, published by the National Fire Protection Association.
(3) The 1991 Edition of the Uniform Mechanical Code, published jointly by the International Conference of Building Officials and the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials.
(4) The 1991 Edition of the Uniform Plumbing Code, published by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials.
(c) (1) The department shall, on or after January 1, 2008, adopt regulations for the construction, alteration, or conversion of commercial modulars based on Parts 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 of the California Building Standards Code, as contained in Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations, with appropriate additions, deletions, and other implementing provisions. The regulations adopted under this paragraph shall be placed within Title 25 of the California Code of Regulations.
(2) The requirements promulgated by the department pursuant to this section shall only apply to the construction, alteration, and conversion of commercial modulars, and not to the use or operation of commercial modulars.
(d) No municipality shall prohibit the use of commercial modulars that bear a valid insignia, based on the date the insignia was issued.
(Amended by Stats. 2007, Ch. 540, Sec. 7.)