Woodlake Unified School District | AR 1230 Community Relations
A school-connected organization's request for authorization to operate within the district or at a district school shall contain, as appropriate:
1. The name and purpose of the organization
2. The date of application
3. Bylaws, rules, and procedures under which the organization will operate, including procedures for maintaining the organization's finances, membership qualifications, if any, and an agreement that the group will not engage in unlawful discrimination
(cf. 0410 - Nondiscrimination in District Programs and Activities)
4. The names, addresses, and phone numbers of all officers
5. A list of specific objectives
6. An agreement to grant the district the right to audit the group's financial records, either by district personnel or a certified public accountant, whenever any concern is raised regarding the use of the funds
7. The name of the bank where the organization's account will be located and the names of those authorized to withdraw funds
8. The signature of the principal of the supporting school
9. Planned use for any money remaining at the end of the year if the organization is not continued or authorized to continue in the future
10. An agreement to provide evidence of liability and/or directors and officers insurance when and in the manner required by law
(cf. 1330 - Use of School Facilities)
Requests for subsequent authorization shall be annually submitted to the Superintendent or designee, along with a financial statement showing all income and expenditures from fundraisers. If the Superintendent or designee proposes to deny the request for reauthorization, he/she shall present his/her recommendation to the Governing Board for approval.
When deemed necessary by the Board or the Superintendent or designee, the authorization for a school-connected organization to conduct activities in the district may be revoked at any time.
Each school-connected organization shall abide by the following rules:
1. The organization shall not act as an agent of the district or school.
2. The organization shall not use the district's tax-exempt status and identification number. It shall be responsible for its own tax status, accounting, internal controls, financial reporting, retention of records, and other operations.
3. The organization shall use a separate name and logo. Any use of a name or logo affiliated with the district, a district school, or a school team shall require the prior consent of the Superintendent or designee.
4. Funds of the school-connected organization shall not be co-mingled with district funds, including associated student body funds.
5. The organization shall not hire or directly pay any district employee. If a school-connected organization wishes to pay for additional and/or extracurricular services, the person to provide the services shall be hired through the district's personnel department, provided the Board approves the position. At their discretion, employees may volunteer to perform activities for school-connected organizations during nonworking hours.
Regulation WOODLAKE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: July 13, 2016 Woodlake, California