Legal Resources | | EC 33544
Health Education Framework; Sexual Harassment and Violence
(a) When the "Health Framework for California Public Schools" (health framework) is next revised after January 1, 2016, the commission shall consider including comprehensive information for grades 9 to 12, inclusive, on sexual harassment and violence that includes, but is not limited to, all of the following:
(1) Information on different forms of sexual harassment and violence, including instances that occur among peers and in a dating relationship; a discussion of prevention strategies; how pupils report sexual harassment and violence; and potential resources victims can access.
(2) Discussion of the affirmative consent standard, as defined in paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) of Section 67386, and skills pupils use to establish boundaries in peer and dating relationships.
(3) Discussion of legal aspects of sexual harassment and violence under state and federal law.
(b) If the commission includes comprehensive information on sexual harassment and violence in the health framework, the commission shall comply with both of the following:
(1) Ensure information included in the framework is research based and appropriate for pupils of all races, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds. This may include, but shall not be limited to, reviewing other states' curricula.
(2) Consult with secondary health teachers and experts in sexual harassment and violence curriculum.
(Added by Stats. 2015, Ch. 424, Sec. 1.)