topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Family Code |    302  

Marriage; Minors   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

(a) An unmarried person under 18 years of age is capable of consenting to and consummating marriage upon obtaining a court order granting permission to the underage person or persons to marry.

(b) The court order and written consent of at least one of the parents or the guardian of each underage person shall be filed with the clerk of the court, and a certified copy of the order shall be presented to the county clerk at the time the marriage license is issued.

(Amended by Stats. 2016, Ch. 474, Sec. 1.)