Legal Resources | Education Code | EC 44689.5
Chapter 3.15. Pilot Project for Administrative Personnel
(a) Any county superintendent of schools or consortium of school districts may apply to the State Board of Education to establish a pilot project to assist selected school districts to recruit and select administrative personnel. The pilot project shall be funded annually in the Budget Act. The pilot project may do the following:
(1) Gather and organize information regarding effective techniques for selecting and evaluating management personnel.
(2) Serve as a clearinghouse for candidates and school districts.
(3) Assist school districts to evaluate candidates according to competencies prescribed by the districts, with particular attention to supervision of curriculum and instruction.
(4) Conduct research regarding improved techniques for evaluating administrative talent.
(5) Train appropriate central district administrators in needs assessment and selection procedures used when hiring school principals and other administrative staff.
(b) In approving pilot projects, the State Board of Education shall attempt to achieve a balanced representation among urban, rural, and suburban areas throughout the state.
(Added by Stats. 1983, Ch. 498, Sec. 42.)