topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources |  |  LC  3605  

Compensation may be paid to minor until claim by parent or guardian.   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

The compensation due an injured minor may be paid to him until his parent or guardian gives the employer or the latter's compensation insurance carrier written notice that he claims such compensation.

Compensation paid to such injured minor prior to receipt of such written notice is in full release of the employer and insurance carrier for the amount so paid. The minor can not disaffirm such payment upon appointment of a guardian or coming of age.

(Added by Stats. 1939, Ch. 648, Sec. l.)