Selection and Approval of Community Classroom Training Stations.
The following criteria shall be used to select and approve a community classroom training station:
(a) The management of the community classroom training station shall:
(1) Have a clear understanding of the community classroom methodology and a willingness to participate in the training experience.
(2) Cooperate with the vocational education director, or his/her designee, in preparing a written joint venture agreement.
(3) Participate with the community classroom teacher in preparing an individualized training plan.
(4) Provide and assist students with unpaid on-the-job training experiences, as described in the individualized training plan.
(5) Consult with the community classroom teacher regarding the student's progress during the unpaid on-the-job training experiences.
(6) Assist in maintaining accurate records of the pupil's training hours.
(b) The training station shall offer training opportunities in the specific occupation for which the course is approved. Training opportunities at the station shall expand competencies developed in the classroom instruction portion of the student's training.
(c) The training station shall have adequate equipment, materials, and other resources to provide an appropriate learning opportunity.
(d) Training station conditions shall prevail which will not endanger the health, safety, welfare, or morals of the pupil.
(e) The training station shall be concurrently engaged in a business operation which requires employment in the occupation for which training is provided.
Education Code 52372.1 (a)
Education Code 44806
Education Code 46300(f)
Education Code 52372.1(a), (3), (4), (6) and (d)
(Amended by Register 87, No. 50.)