topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Woodlake Unified School District |  BP  4114  Personnel


arrow Previous bar Next arrow

The Governing Board desires that certificated staff be assigned in a manner that equitably distributes highly qualified and experienced teachers, meets the needs of district students, and satisfies staffing requirements at each school. The Superintendent or designee is authorized to assign certificated staff in accordance with district policy and/or the collective bargaining agreement as applicable.

(cf. 0415 - Equity)

(cf. 4030 - Nondiscrimination in Employment)

(cf. 4113 - Assignment)

(cf. 4141/4241- Collective Bargaining Agreement)

Subject to the approval of the Board, the Superintendent or designee may transfer a teacher from one district school to another when he/she determines the transfer is in the best interest of the district. (Education Code 35035)

Voluntary Transfers

The Superintendent or designee may establish processes and deadlines for the submission of transfer requests to facilitate staff assignments with minimal disruption to the educational program.

Upon receipt of a written transfer request by a teacher, the Superintendent or designee may consider the input of the principals at the current school and the requested school, alignment of the teacher's qualifications with needs of students and the school(s), the academic performance of the requested school, and opportunities for the professional growth of the teacher.

(cf. 4112.2 - Certification)

(cf. 4112.22 - Staff Teaching English Learners)

(cf. 4112.23 - Special Education Staff)

After April 15 prior to the school year that a transfer would become effective, no teacher who requests to be transferred to another school shall have priority over other qualified teachers who have applied for positions requiring certification qualifications at that school. (Education Code 35036)

Involuntary Transfers

Involuntary transfers may become necessary when programs are reduced or cancelled, when schools are closed, or when otherwise required in order to accommodate the school's staffing needs.

(cf. 4117.3 - Personnel Reduction)

If a teacher objects to a transfer, he/she may request a meeting with the Superintendent or designee and the principal. If dissatisfied with the results of this meeting, the teacher may appeal to the Board. The Board's decision shall be final.

Legal Reference:


35035 Additional powers and duties of superintendent, transfer authority

35036 Voluntary transfers

35186 Complaint process, teacher vacancy or misassignment

37616 Assignment of teachers to year-round schools


3543.2 Scope of representation


adopted: December 12, 2018 Woodlake, California