Woodlake Unified School District | E 4219.21 Personnel
Code of Ethics
School employees who are in daily contact with many phases of educational work should be persons whose conduct is beyond reproach and who sincerely believe in the advancement of education and the betterment of working conditions; therefore, the California School Employees' Association proposes this Code of Ethics as a standard for its members.
AS A SCHOOL EMPLOYEE I WILL:
1. Be proud of my vocation in order that I may use my best endeavors to elevate the standards of my position so that I may merit a reputation for high quality of service -- to the end that others may emulate my example.
2. Be a person of integrity, clean speech, desirable personal habits, and physical fitness.
3. Be just in my criticism and be generous in my praise; to improve and not destroy.
4. At all times be courteous in my relations with students, parents, teachers and others.
5. Be a resourceful person who readily adapts himself to different kinds of work and changed conditions and finds better ways to do things.
6. Conduct myself in a spirit of friendly helpfulness to my fellow employees to the end that I will consider no personal success legitimate or ethical which is secured by taking unfair advantage of another.
7. Associate myself with employees of other districts for the purpose of discussing school problems and cooperating in the improvement of public school conditions.
8. Always uphold my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state, my school district and my community, and give them unswerving loyalty.
9. Always bear in mind that the purpose of CSEA is to promote the efficiency and raise the standards of all school employees and that I shall be equally obligated to assist all my fellow workers.
SOURCE: CALIFORNIA SCHOOL EMPLOYEES' ASSOCIATION
WOODLAKE UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
Exhibit WOODLAKE UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: April 15, 1998 Woodlake, California