Woodlake Unified School District | E 5132 Students
Dress And Grooming
FRANCIS J. WHITE LEARNING CENTER
1. Students are not to wear loose sandals, zories, or go barefoot at school.
2. Modesty should be the ley to dress. No see-through or torn articles may be worn. Bare midriffs and deep arm cut tank tops are in appropriate. During hot weather mid thigh shorts are allowed; however, no gym shorts, cutoffs or short shorts.
3. Buttons, patches, and some jewelry are subject to review by the principal. Such items may not be obscene, suggest obscenity, call for an illegal act, or advertise alcohol or tobacco products. Tattoos or earrings are not allowed.
4. Girls should wear shorts under their skirts and dresses, especially when they are going to play on high bars, jungle gym and/or Big Toy.
CASTLE ROCK AND WOODLAKE VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL
1. Undergarments shall be covered at all times. Culottes and shorts will be allowed if they are in good taste, at the middle of the thigh, and hemmed.
2. Only glasses prescribed by doctors are to be worn to school. Sun glasses may be worn during after school sports by players.
3. Students may not wear halter or mesh tops. Shoulders and midriffs must be covered at all times. No tank tops/muscle shirts for boys or girls.
4. Shoes must be worn at all times. (backstrap required)
5. Clothing and accessories shall not advertise or promote drugs, alcohol or gangs (must not contain professional sports emblems or offensive slogans or graphics). List of inappropriate accessories and insignias shall be updated as required.
6. No earrings for boys.
7. Lycra or spandex clothing shall not be worn.
8. Hats or caps shall not be worn during school hours.
Violation of the dress code will be treated as an act of defiance as described in the student handbook.
WOODLAKE UNION HIGH SCHOOL/BRAVO LAKE HIGH SCHOOL
1. Students may not wear halter tops, mesh tops, tank tops, muscle shirts, see-through tops or show bare midriffs. Shoulders and midriffs must be covered at all times. Shorts, skirts and dresses should be long enough for fingertips to touch the bottom edge and should be hemmed. (Student shall be standing in an upright position with arms fully extended)
2. Undergarments shall be covered at all times.
3. Sunglasses are not to be worn in school buildings.
4. Shoes must be worn at all times.
5. Clothing and accessories shall not advertise or promote drugs, alcohol or gangs. They shall not display vulgar or inappropriate words or symbols.
Any piece of clothing or accessory which disrupts the educational process, presents a safety hazard, or is affiliated with gangs or gang activity shall be excluded from school. (A list of inappropriate accessories and insignias shall be complied and updated as required.)
6. Lycra or spandex clothing shall not be worn.
7. Headgear shall not be worn during school hours.
WOODLAKE UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
Exhibit WOODLAKE UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: April 15, 1998 Woodlake, California