Legal Resources | | 1225
Subchapter 6. California High School Exit Examination. Article 5. Apportionment. Apportionment.
(a) Annually, each school district shall receive an apportionment information report with the following information for those CAHSEEs administered during the previous fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
(1) The number of eligible pupils by grade level and eligible adult students enrolled in each school and in the school district on the day of testing as indicated by the number of answer documents submitted to the test contractor for scoring for each administration.
(2) The number of eligible pupils by grade level and eligible adult students who were administered any portion of the CAHSEE.
(3) The number of eligible pupils by grade level with demographic information only who were not tested for any reason other than because they were taking the CAPA.
(b) To be eligible for apportionment payment, school districts must meet the following conditions:
(1) The school district has returned all secure test materials;
(2) The superintendent of the school district has certified that all CAHSEEs during the prior fiscal year were administered in compliance with California Code of Regulations, title 5, division 1, chapter 2, subchapter 6; and
(3) The superintendent of the school district has certified the accuracy of the apportionment information report for CAHSEEs administered during the prior fiscal year (July 1 through June 30), which certification is either:
(A) postmarked by December 31, or
(B) if postmarked after December 31, the apportionment information report must be accompanied by a waiver request as provided by Education Code section 33050. For those apportionment information reports postmarked after December 31, apportionment payment is contingent upon the availability of an appropriation for this purpose in the fiscal year in which the tests were administered.
(c) The amount of funding to be apportioned to the school district for the CAHSEE shall be calculated by multiplying the amount per administration established by the SBE to enable school districts to meet the requirements of Education Code section 60851 by the number of eligible pupils and eligible adult students in the school district tested for one or both portions of the CAHSEE during the previous fiscal year as determined by the apportionment information report certified by the school district superintendent pursuant to subdivision (b).
Education Code 33031
Education Code 60851
(Register 2010, No. 2.)