Woodside ESD | AR 5132 Students
Dress And Grooming
In cooperation with teachers, students and parents/guardians, the Superintendent/Principal shall establish school rules governing student dress and grooming which are consistent with law, Board of Trustees policy and industry regulations. The school dress code shall be regularly reviewed.
Students shall be allowed to wear sun-protective clothing, including but not limited to hats, for outdoor use during the school day.
In addition, the following guidelines shall apply to all regular school activities.
1. Shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals must have heel straps. Thongs or backless shoes or sandals are not acceptable.
2. Clothing, jewelry and personal items (backpacks, fanny packs, gym bags, water bottles, etc.) shall be free of writing, pictures or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, profane or sexually suggestive, which bear drug, alcohol or tobacco company advertising, promotions and likenesses, or which advocate racial, ethnic or religious prejudice.
3. hats, caps and other head coverings shall not be worn indoors, except for religious purposes.
4. Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, off-the-shoulder or low-cut tops, bare midriffs and skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited.
5. Hair shall be cleaned and neatly groomed. Hair may not be sprayed by any coloring that would drip when wet.
Coaches and teachers may impose more stringent dress requirements to accommodate the special needs of certain sports and/or classes.
No grade of a student participating in a physical education class shall be adversely affected if the student does not wear standardized physical education apparel because of circumstances beyond the student's control.
The Superintendent/Principal, staff, students and parent/guardians at each school may establish reasonable dress and grooming regulations for times when students are engaged in extracurricular or other special school activities.
Regulation WOODSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: February 12, 2013 Woodside, California